Tuesday, April 14, 2009

11th Annual Kite Festival at Green Hill Park 4/18/09

Blue Ridge Kite Festival

Hi, I am Leda Sapp, the flava of STAR CITY FAME. My partner Ron and I are so excited about attending the 11th Annual Kite Festival this year (presented by the Salem-Roanoke County Chamber of Commerce). We’ll be there doing some video coverage. This will be Ron’s first time attending the Festival and my third. All three of my experiences at the Kite fest have been awesome. The very first time was the best. I had never been to any Kite festival before that. Green Hill Park has this fabulous huge open air space. When the sun and wind are at its best - the sky above is phenomenal, filled with an array of colorful kites. I remember lying on the blanket and gazing at the sky full of beautifully colored kites and enchanting white clouds. I know I laid there for over an hour. The sounds of children laughing and playing gave me a sense of the past when families spent more time together. This event is the ultimate for great family time for any age, any culture. I believe that every person in the Valley should experience the Kite Fest.

Here are the details for the Kite Festival - courtesy the Chamber’s website:
http://65.169.107.89/Section_Cat_Content_Detail.asp?SID=30&SCAT=43&ID=42

“The skies above Roanoke County’s Green Hill Park will be filled with kites on Saturday, April 18, 2009 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event features free t-shirts and kites for children along with lots of additional kid friendly activities provided by sponsors. This year’s attendance is expected to be over 10,000. So come early and enjoy the entire day.
The Award Winning Richmond Air Force Kite Club will present a colorful and interactive kite show and exhibition during the event, which is sanctioned by the American Kite Flyers Association. A variety of food vendors, arts and craft vendors and activities for children also add to the excitement of the day.
If you would like to be a vendor, sponsor, or need more information, please call the Salem-Roanoke County Chamber of Commerce office at 540-387-0267.”

No comments:

Post a Comment